1993-12-02 - The Key Escrow is a GOOD thing.

Header Data

From: an4914@anon.penet.fi (Nitch)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 13d2ada1e2da3db344083cc5d5b2c8c6a0d2bb5f46d54ba14ee6708b3360e1ca
Message ID: <9312021248.AA09441@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Dec 93 04:52:29 PST

Raw message

From: an4914@anon.penet.fi (Nitch)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 93 04:52:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Key Escrow is a *GOOD* thing.

I see the introduction of common, publicly promoted cryptography as a
*GOOD* thing... even if it's insecure.  Yes, even if the government can
read every toggled bit of it.

If the public uses cryptography of even the simplest sort as a matter
of routine then the *REAL* cryptography, the really *SECURE* stuff, will
pass through unnoticed.  Why would *I* care if some super-secret agency
could read my clipper'd data?  I'd be using PGP on top of it! only then
my messages wouldn't stand out like so many lights in a dark night...
...more like just a few more stars in the sky.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

Thread