1993-12-17 - Re: Bobby Inman

Header Data

From: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com (David Koontz )
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: 32e2e192047f3ef07d0cc3733e21243ef7eeb6e0ce1ab3d6e064b786390e540b
Message ID: <9312171744.AA21092@io.lrcs.loral.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 09:51:20 PST

Raw message

From: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com (David Koontz )
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 09:51:20 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Bobby Inman

>From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
>He was head of MCC in Austin for several years and then his own
>company, a kind of high-tech holding company (Westmark was the name, I
>think).
>
>I recall seeing a company selling crypto products, "Ultron," in 1988
>or so, and noting the mention that it was a division of Inman's
>company, Westmark.

Ultron is around the San Jose area, a manufacturerer of a Type I CCEP
chip, comprised of a classified piece of silicon contained in a 68 pin
PGA package along with a 8741 family single chip computer.  Ultron also
appears to be the originator of the crypto ignition key (speculation).

I recall seeing adds for the chip in Electronics, circa 1985-6.

Thread