1993-12-16 - traffic report: expect delays on the 93

Header Data

From: Eric Hollander <hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 55f066e79c6ffd2a58070d46fc6bb8ae7aaeee934741ea516909f8d9b1a78b30
Message ID: <9312161114.AA17107@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 03:15:53 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Hollander <hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 03:15:53 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: traffic report: expect delays on the 93

Commuters should expect random delays of between 0 and 20 minutes on the 93
(the 128.32.182.93, or cicada.berkeley.edu) remailer.

I'm starting my project of modifying my remailers to thwart traffic
analysis, so as the first step I put in a random delay.  The next step is to
add an "ignore me" header command and also a "bounce me to neverneverland"
header command.  Other header commands (all in an encrypted header, which
will have to wait until I finish configuring encrypted remail on cicada)
will say things like "chop off the last X bytes and continue" or "add X
random bytes to the message and pass it on", all with random delays.

I also want to set it up so that it just spontaneously mails stuff to random
places.