1993-12-24 - Re: More on Secure Drive/hacking case

Header Data

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
To: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
Message Hash: 75cf0f52c801144def86994c259a74319c6b92aa192d7558b0e599cbe8f901f4
Message ID: <199312241718.AA00857@misc.glarp.com>
Reply To: <01H6U8NJFANI9387OJ@delphi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-12-24 17:19:52 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 09:19:52 PST

Raw message

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 09:19:52 PST
To: Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE@delphi.com>
Subject: Re: More on Secure Drive/hacking case

> They are going to attempt to break Secure Drive. He asked me to write
> a program which will take a list of passphrases and test them quickly
> to run a passphrase attack. I had a few qualms about writing a program
> to crack someone's data, but I don't think it really matters. Unless
> the hacker chose a very lame key, they don't have a prayer in hell.

And as a self respecting computer software profesional I assume
you will be charging AT LEAST US$60/hour for this service, right?

brad

Thread