1993-12-24 - mail-to-news gateway

Header Data

From: Eric Hollander <hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7dc10d1970c8af79a960d28725ccdc279d201420103d570e796020923f472068
Message ID: <9312240159.AA16045@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 17:59:46 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Hollander <hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 17:59:46 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: mail-to-news gateway

I've modified the gateway so that it is non-anon, for a few reasons:

It seems that this makes it more general purpose.  It seems that it will be
less likely to be shut down this way (the soda administration is quite
anti-cypherpunk; I actually got thrown off root there because I defended our
archives).

The other thing that I might do is have two options:

	Request-Post: alt.sex.sodomy.pseudospoofing.detweiler

and

	Request-Anon-Post: alt.sex.sodomy.pseudospoofing.detweiler

with the obvious meanings.

Although to make it more consistent with the other header lines, it should
be:

	Request-Posting: alt.sex.sodomy.pseudospoofing.detweiler

I want to make these header lines as logically consistent as possible.
What's the most logic format?

Also, right now my remailer has a random time delay feature.  The posting
service does not have that feature, although if I implement anon posting, I
will probably put it in for anon posting only.

THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL SERVICE, SO PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD THE WORD, AND
PLEASE CONFINE YOUR POSTINGS TO THE *.test GROUPS.  IF PEOPLE START ABUSING
IT, I WILL TURN IT OFF.

Speaking of turning it off, the other feature I'm soon going to implement is
a "prekill" file, so that certain people can be "86ed" from my remailers and
posters.