1993-12-24 - Re: anonymous video rental store - Libraries

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com +1-510-484-6204)
Message Hash: 8bc6d67a5c05a42db265daab32b75537414c48b65f30b0dc63d09febd83456ea
Message ID: <9312241601.AA27331@wixer>
Reply To: <9312240611.AA04813@anchor.ho.att.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-12-24 16:26:34 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 08:26:34 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 08:26:34 PST
To: bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com +1-510-484-6204)
Subject: Re:  anonymous video rental store - Libraries

> Out of curiousity, has any ftp-archive maintainer tried to join the
> American Library Association, either directly or as part of some
> university's library system?  It would be an interesting way to start
> building precedents.  Are there any equivalent international or
> non-US national library associations that take strong anti-censorship
> pro-privacy positions?

Howdy,

Probably a better first target (at least for alpha and beta tests) would be a
for a anon remailer to join Project Guttenburg. It seems to me that if it
will work for this then it should work for any similar apps.

Just a thought.

Happy Holidays...

Thread