1993-12-17 - No Subject

Header Data

From: banisar@washofc.cpsr.org
To: N/A
Message Hash: 9d057483d205d87c1bcbe3eefabd4d703cd3bfac92bf000826970d7c1c202a0a
Message ID: <<9312170848.AA10822@hacker2.cpsr.digex.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 05:51:15 PST

Raw message

From: banisar@washofc.cpsr.org
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 05:51:15 PST
Subject: No Subject

cpsr.digex.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 08:48:10 +0000
From: Dave Banisar <banisar@washofc.cpsr.org>
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Inman vs. crypto

> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> From: an41418@anon.penet.fi (wonderer)
> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 09:47:37 UTC
> Subject: Re: Inman vs. crypto

> I am almost positive Inman will be confirmed.

Boy, its a good thing that was posted anonymously. A real budding deep throat
(grin)

More recently, Inman was quoted by John Barlow in "Decrypting the Puzzle
Palace" as saying ' "My Answer", he said "would be legislation which would
make it a criminal offense to use encrypted communications to conceal
criminal activity...you could have a registry of institutios which can
legally use cryphers. If you get somebody using one who isn't registered,
then you go after him." '

Thread