1993-12-19 - Stego Help Requested…

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b19233403ef00a5d9854ffd895de0cd9e3a73a3c6ba724317bf905438945023e
Message ID: <9312190023.AA24688@wixer>
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Dec 93 16:41:47 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 93 16:41:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Stego Help Requested...

Hi everyone,

As some of you are aware I have been looking at stego, in particular trying
to calculate the maximum feasible message to insert in a given image. I have
determined some techniques that help predict this ratio. In the process of
testing them I got side-tracked into converting images to other format (RGB >
HSV in this case). Since these are linear but not equaly scaled there is some
range alteration in the conversion process. It appears that if a RGB image is
holding a image it converts to HSV differently and is thus easy to test for.

I am in need of some additional data and basiclly clueless where to find it.
The data falls into one of the following ways:

    > source of images in both HSV and RGB format

    > pd or shareware software that will convert mathematicaly

    > access to a video color registration set to generate the above
      database

Any help in locating any one of these would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Merry Christmas!

                                                 Ravage
                                                  Black
                                                   Leather