1993-12-06 - Momma’s boy

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cd35828511e4d1887f308f1a593fca26d2f96086287c6b999398a0586ffd30d4
Message ID: <9312061823.AA27937@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 10:23:20 PST

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 10:23:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Momma's boy

<ahem>   ...."Lawrence?"

From: jim@rand.org (Jim Gillogly)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.crypto,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server,news.admin.policy,comp.org.eff.talk,comp.admin.policy,alt.conspiracy
Subject: Re: CRYPTOANARCHIST INFILTRATION ALERT
Date: 5 Dec 1993 21:58:36 GMT

In article <Dec04.105319.36526@yuma.acns.colostate.edu>,
L. Detweiler <ld231782@casco.lance.colostate.edu> wrote:
>oh, BTW Mr. May, when did you decide my first name was Larry and not Lance?
>You called me Lance for 10 months or so on the cypherpunks list.

Given that somebody using your account in '91 posted an article to sci.crypt
about factoring under the name "Lawrence Detweiler", I suppose that either
Larry or Lance might be a reasonable guess... if perhaps overly familiar.
What nickname do you prefer, if any?

Does this make me a pseudopod of the ubiquitous anonymous organism?  Will
Suicide Squid come out of retirement to counter this new evil?  Is L.
Detweiler the Colo State equivalent of C-MU's Harry Q. Bovick?  The world
wonders...
--
	Jim Gillogly
	Hevensday, 15 Foreyule S.R. 1993, 21:58