1993-12-04 - CFS (was Re: Will Mike Ingle’s name be a household word like “Buttafuoco”?)

Header Data

From: Matt Blaze <mab@crypto.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f479520e4d856289a8403aa65de7d19af7640b101ff656482ef207586b79dbfb
Message ID: <9312041736.AA21997@crypto.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Dec 93 09:53:02 PST

Raw message

From: Matt Blaze <mab@crypto.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 93 09:53:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CFS (was Re: Will Mike Ingle's name be a household word like "Buttafuoco"?)

In cypherpunks Perry Metzger write:
>There is also cypherpunk Matt Blaze's "CFS" filesystem for unix
>machines, which is very powerful but unfortunately unreleased to the
>public,

With any luck, and barring unforseen lawyerly problems, CFS should be
released (at least within the US) by around Xmas.  The upside is that it's
been made considerably stronger (cryptographically speaking) than the version
in the paper, and I now believe it's roughly as strong as three runs
of the underlying cipher (DES in this case) but with greatly reduced latency.

Stay tuned...

-matt

Thread