1994-01-21 - Curve Encrypt

Header Data

From: mpjohnso@nyx10.cs.du.edu (Michael Johnson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51c14cf95cef5ac493382b06622beb0ad5eb3f0b371413a651ec2a91fdee9a84
Message ID: <9401212111.AA26574@nyx10.cs.du.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 13:16:59 PST

Raw message

From: mpjohnso@nyx10.cs.du.edu (Michael Johnson)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 13:16:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Curve Encrypt

>Curve Encrypt 1.0, IDEA encryption for the Macintosh is now available for
>ftp from ripem.msu.edu, directory:

>pub/crypt/other/curve-encrypt-idea-for-mac

>Read the file pub/crypt/GETTING_ACCESS for information on how to get access
>to the ftp site. I plan to also make CE available through csn.org (Mike,
>are you listening? Your mail is bouncing).

I think csn.org must have been down for a few minutes when you first tried.
In any case, Curve Encrypt 1.0 is now posted at csn.org.  Read
/mpj/README.MPJ for export restrictions and the name of the hidden directory
(that changes periodically).  Curve encrypt is in csn.org:
/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/curve_encrypt

>Curve Encrypt is a freeware drag-and-drop encryption application for the
>Macintosh. It uses IDEA cipher-feedback mode with a 255 character pass
>phrase, and encrypts both the data and resource forks of files. Source code
>is provided.

                                   Mike Johnson
                                   mpj@csn.org
(if mpj@csn.org fails, try mpjohnso@nyx.cs.du.edu, m.p.johnson@ieee.org,
 mikej@exabyte.com, 71331.2332@compuserve.com, mpjohnso@nyx10.cs.du.edu,
 Mike Johnson at the Colorado Catacombs BBS 303-938-9654, or yell real loud).

Thread