1994-01-11 - Re: Forged messages part of “Operation”?

Header Data

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com (bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com +1-510-484-6204)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5cf3297f2894d62b2d0edb272d77ca86b3ba3e109f988ca5d7a6e1e27f1e1239
Message ID: <9401110113.AA25570@anchor.ho.att.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 17:15:13 PST

Raw message

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com (bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com +1-510-484-6204)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 17:15:13 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Forged messages part of "Operation"?

> >> If he starts flooding the newsgroups, what can we do about it?
> >If he starts forging mail from other people, he's committing a crime
> >and we can get his system administrators to pull his account.
> >Perry

I don't think you can strictly call it a crime, just abusive rudeness,
though if you did something like that in Detweiler-space, it might
classify you as a Tentaculer Traitor to Humankind.
However, sufficient levels of abuse can get you kicked off systems;
though he's been posting lots of verbose human-generated messages
rather than mechanized mailbombs, which are clearly over the edge.
And he's been mailbombed directly by other rude people; don't know
if he's done it to anyone himself.

Thread