1994-01-20 - Re: Detweiler’s SQUISH broadcast: can remailers filter out addressee?

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 80a5c0ff57de888f12dacd484ad13fc0d5a9c940b66e52267444fd8c89ddc712
Message ID: <9401200626.AA26704@toad.com>
Reply To: <199401200518.AA05127@sugar.NeoSoft.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-20 06:29:07 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 22:29:07 PST

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 22:29:07 PST
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Detweiler's SQUISH broadcast: can remailers filter out addressee?

> From: Anthony Garcia <agarcia@sugar.NeoSoft.COM>
> I'm not familiar with anonymous remailer internals.  Would it be cheap
> in terms of hack-time to add the capability for an anonymous remailer
> to maintain a list of addresses (or address regexp's) which do not
> wish to receive anonymous remailed messages?

Trivial -- put a line in the maildelivery file to file it "read" to
/dev/null.  This doesn't scale too well, but it's fine unless you
get a whole lot of complaints.  All I have blocked is whitehouse.gov.
Though I've been wondering whether I should block Detweiler as a
source address...

   Eli   ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu

Thread