1994-01-15 - Apology to Graham Toal & Cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk>
Message Hash: 823013509c6e1bbdeaaa98ea75ffcb3c4a17ad8688e1ccfbd306dec2a111478d
Message ID: <UhC6XAq00awGQF5Eg2@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Jan 94 14:08:06 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 94 14:08:06 PST
To: gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Apology to Graham Toal & Cypherpunks

I'd like to apologize for stating that the post made by Graham Toal
<gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk> was a forgery.  It has now come to my
attention that it was not.

Graham Toal had always posted from <gtoal@an-teallach.com> until today,
when he suddenly posted from: "gtoal@gtoal.com"
<gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk>, talking about a racist post by TC May that
I had never seen, and asking to be removed from the list.  Naturally, I
got suspicious.

I still don't know what's going on with the email address switching, but
I guess the recent events on cypherpunks have made me a bit overly
paranoid.  Hopefully, I haven't made a complete fool out of myself over
this misunderstanding.

I guess we have another good reason to sign with PGP...

Thread