1994-01-28 - Re: quote of the day

Header Data

From: Lyle_Seaman@transarc.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b77c117971b75687d262bdc6e1d9e48ffd605eb8929096621bda9e9151f37b85
Message ID: <IhGK4RqSMUw8MJNwpB@transarc.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.85.9401261852.A1036-0100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-28 19:07:59 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 11:07:59 PST

Raw message

From: Lyle_Seaman@transarc.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 11:07:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: quote of the day

Lyle_Seaman@transarc.com writes:
> Well, there _are_ plenty of drugs that neatly cause short-term memory
> loss.  Xanex, I think, is one. (And there are some other really scary

Ah, oops.  I was thinking of Halcyon, actually.  And there are other drugs,
like Versed and Fentanyl, which have similar effects to Sodium Pent or
severe inebriation, in that they cause loquacity and memory loss.
The effect is that people talk about whatever "is on their mind",
which might or might not be true.  Someone might try very hard to
convince you of their innocence of a particular crime.  If they were,
in fact, guilty, their ability to lie convincingly under the influence
would be rather impaired.  However, their ability to speak clearly is
often pretty seriously impaired as well.

Bit of a tangent, eh?

Lyle		Transarc		707 Grant Street
412 338 4474	The Gulf Tower		Pittsburgh 15219

Thread