1994-01-26 - Re: 4th ammendment and Cryptography

Header Data

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
To: franz@cs.ucdavis.edu
Message Hash: ca1aa94479db1ccbea5057f2b7762b2f6cf9f1ecde80a62313987993b9fdcccd
Message ID: <199401260934.BAA02701@servo.qualcomm.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 01:44:12 PST

Raw message

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 01:44:12 PST
To: franz@cs.ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re:  4th ammendment and Cryptography

I presume you are not a lawyer or law student. (Neither am I.)
Therefore I would start with a couple of books on the Constitution and
Bill of Rights that were written for general audiences to get a feel
for how they've been applied in real cases, to set a backdrop for what
you want to talk about.

Two recommendations:

"In Our Defense - The Bill of Rights in Action", Ellen Alderman and
Caroline Kennedy [yes, *that* Caroline Kennedy], Morrow, ISBN 0-688-07801-X.

"May It Please The Court", Peter Irons, ed. (Book with optional
cassettes).  Narrated excerpts from actual audio recordings of
important Supreme Court cases since 1955. I don't have the ISBN number
because I've since given this to my dad. Very well done.

Phil

Thread