1994-01-27 - digital cash, once again

Header Data

From: Matt Thomlinson <phantom@u.washington.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cbf0c5b38310e2fb6de8149d98f18f6cab9abd50518643064043bb76b70a9003
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9401271342.A1482-0100000@stein1.u.washington.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 14:02:13 PST

Raw message

From: Matt Thomlinson <phantom@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 14:02:13 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: digital cash, once again

What P Nave just said about beginning to give cash credit to those who
receive bogus messages as a dead-letter dropoff point makes sense. If I
were a subscriber to the dead-letter club, I'd receive a stipend monthly
by each remailer operator for use of my account as a dead letter office.

In turn, we could begin using these credits to enact some pay-per-send
remailers. The remailers with dead-letter club participants would enjoy a
greater amount of business (perhaps) because of their greater amount of
traffic -> security through volume.

Matt Thomlinson                               Say no to the Wiretap Chip!
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
Internet: phantom@u.washington.edu      	    phone: (206) 548-9804
PGP 2.2  key available via email or finger phantom@hardy.u.washington.edu

Thread