1994-01-25 - Re: NSA museum now open, if you can find it

Header Data

From: craig@uunet.uu.net (Craig Nottingham)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fbd245385bf74f199b52b9f0317dac5a1b0b72bcc87c21521cef64b873ff4506
Message ID: <9401251312.AAwajk28382@rodan.UU.NET>
Reply To: <199401242301.PAA28586@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-25 13:16:49 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 05:16:49 PST

Raw message

From: craig@uunet.uu.net (Craig Nottingham)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 05:16:49 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: NSA museum now open, if you can find it

Hal said:

> like I was crazy.  One thing that really caught my eye was a poster which
> was displayed widely, apparently a security-reminder-of-the-month thing.
> This was the holiday season, and the poster showed Santa stopped at the
> gate submitting his bag to be searched.  I'm surprised they didn't have
> the old boy being strip-searched.  Anyway, I begged and begged but nobody
> would let me have one.
>
> I really think the government is missing an opportunity by not selling
> NSA sweatshirts and such.  Recently the Los Angeles coroner's office
> started selling souvenirs and they were overwhelmed by the popular demand.
> Especially as cryptography becomes more popular, the NSA's sinister-but-
> glamorous image could be a marketer's dream.
>
> Hal

I fried of mine had some cool posters brought home by one of his parents
who has works for the US Govt and whos job had ties to the NSA.  Some fun
as hell posters including on shoing a TeleVideo dumb terminal with a
hatchet stuck in the top and the title along the lines of "Those wily hackers
are out there, guard tht password".

-craig

Thread