1994-02-15 - re: LEAF, SS7

Header Data

From: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com (David Koontz )
To: m5@vail.tivoli.com
Message Hash: 1e471e2946d4168d514df414dfa6a9851d25056a2ef045c32d567d86846efb18
Message ID: <9402151826.AA22164@io.lrcs.loral.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 10:31:41 PST

Raw message

From: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com (David Koontz )
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 10:31:41 PST
To: m5@vail.tivoli.com
Subject: re: LEAF, SS7

>              It might even be that Clipper hardware could be
>installed right at the network interface.  Isn't that nice, the phone
>company is going out of its way to safeguard my privacy.  Only thing
>is, now every circuit I establish is tagged by an LEAF that identifies
>me...

Actually, providing link encryption via CLIPPER only allows identification
of the link, still useful in traffic analysis.

(As a quick means of identifying the link.)

Thread