1994-02-03 - Re: New remailer up.

Header Data

From: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2806783426f2f1cf47386d0772a639809616c51bd56e304f2fb4d9aad9c6ffee
Message ID: <199402022358.PAA02516@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 16:01:02 PST

Raw message

From: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 16:01:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New remailer up.

Perry Metzger wrote,
"Tapping Netcom's net connections would take more than $20 of effort.
Up it to $50,000 and I'll happily take on your offer. However, I am
going to need assurances that the money will actually be paid."

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I wanted the
word "trivial" to be clarified by those who were being so vocal
about dismissing a remailer on Netcom.

You'll also need a good lawyer when Netcom finds your tap ;-).

But I'm sure some skilled hacker will be able to tell me the site and
I'll happily be out $20, in say, a couple days? No use hacking my
password, as I keep no logs (for now). The reason it's only $20, is
that I am indeed honestly interested in knowing something about my
remailer's security, and I don't know enough internet/Unix to risk
being a total sucker.

-Xenon

Thread