1994-02-04 - info on local/regional groups & sublists

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 31bd6fe38b1640622a57178a14ef6bd13aa4d5142d14300a07734219b33e93df
Message ID: <199402040948.EAA19495@eff.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 01:54:53 PST

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 01:54:53 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: info on local/regional groups & sublists

For my OUTPOSTS list/FAQ, if you have any (public) inforation about local
cypherpunks groups and sublists, like the Austin lists, or the UK branch,
please let me know via personal email. Need to put out a new version of
the FAQ soon, and am missing much info.  All I have so far is:

        Main general: hughes@soda.berkeley.edu
        Main subscribe requests: cypherpunks-request@toad.com
        Main FTP: soda.berkeley.edu, pub/cypherpunks
        Hardware general: jdblair@nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu
        Hardware requests: cp-hardware-request@nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu
        Wonks general: cypherwonks-owner@lassie.eunet.fi
        Wonks requests: majordomo@lists.eunet.fi (message body of:
                       subscribe cypherwonks [1st & last name] [address])
        Austin general: Jim McCoy <mccoy@bongo.cc.utexas.edu>
                        Doug Barnes <barnes@io.com>
        Austin req. austin-cypherpunks-request@bongo.cc.utexas.edu
                    austin-cypherpunks-announce-request@bongo.cc.utexas.edu
        Austin FTP: ftp.cc.utexas.edu, pub/cypherpunks

Any info on other CP groups, corrections to what little I have, pointers
to other CP file sites, gopher/WWW/Wais servers, etc. all appreciated.
Even some BBS number, snailmail addresses for any local groups that are
getting less virtually, more physically organized, etc.  That, and
relevant other lists (anything that might be consider "online activist" or
civil libertarian in nature) and resources.

Again, please send via email to mech@eff.org rather than on the list.

Muchas gracias in advance!

--
Stanton McCandlish * mech@eff.org * Electronic Frontier Found. OnlineActivist