1994-02-15 - Re: Detweiler abuse again

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu>
Message Hash: 4cce3ed8a3507bc72e71d04040c0ec7f0b2c488bd25054c3794b35c6ebca7529
Message ID: <9402151537.AA25046@andria.lehman.com>
Reply To: <9402150338.AA02234@toxicwaste.media.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-15 15:41:43 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 07:41:43 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 07:41:43 PST
To: Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Detweiler abuse again

Derek Atkins says:
> I disagree.  While I can honestly say that I don't like most Detweiler
> posts, I feel that he is showing us the possibility of how remailers
> can (and are) being abused.

One reasonable solution to abuse is to block the use of remailers by
potential abusers. Julf does this with his system. Remember this is
distinct from censorship -- you are not telling someone "you can't use
any system", you are telling them "you can't use my hardware to do
what you want; find someone else's hardware".

Perry

Thread