1994-02-10 - Re: Oh No! Nazis on the Nets

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Message Hash: 5f4381950a57b77585342dfb1fc1295974eebadebe299e824f0475002451e52f
Message ID: <199402102336.SAA20476@snark>
Reply To: <9402102306.AA09283@deathstar.iaks.ira.uka.de>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-10 23:45:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 15:45:46 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 15:45:46 PST
To: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Subject: Re: Oh No! Nazis on the Nets

Hadmut Danisch says:

> Perry E. Metzger says:
>
> > In the U.S., it is perfectly lawful for me to print a newspaper
> > ANONYMOUSLY, and sell it on streetcorners. Indeed, I may print
> > anything I wish anonymously, be it a book, a magazine, or a newspaper.
>

> So? If you find a paper with YOUR face, YOUR name and big
> letters KILL THIS MAN FOR BEING A JEW, would you think
> this is okay?

You are asking if I think it is okay, which is different from asking
if it should be legal. I don't think its "okay" to advocate, say,
Naziism. However, I don't see that it should be ILLEGAL to advocate
Naziism. If a newspaper published an article saying that jews should
be killed, I would indeed say that this should be legal. I'm quite
certain that I dislike it.

Perry

Thread