1994-02-17 - Bye from Xenon.

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6214f6ae74a6236a38d3067f04d0c6d3e5c84b4fd2af629466328effb5989ea6
Message ID: <9402171548.AA02672@ah.com>
Reply To: <199402170941.AA12749@konichiwa.cc.columbia.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-17 15:55:24 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 07:55:24 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 07:55:24 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Bye from Xenon.

This is a flame.  You are forewarned.

>[...] if ever my unsubscribe
>request will be fulfilled by Eric Hughes, who cannot even figure out how to
>automate a mailing list, or avoid silly errors with the remailing software.

>[...] why the FUCK he hasn't fixed macpgp2.3.cpt.hqx
>to reflect the fact that it is a .gz file, not a .hqx text file.

Fuck you.

I have root on neither machine.  Either you don't know what this means
with respect to my ability to change configurations, in which case you
wish to insult me out of an unaware ignorance, or you do know, and
wish to taunt me with my lack of access.

_You_ put up PGP for ftp at any account under your control and keep it
there for more than a year and I'll apologize, and sincerely.

>He who speaks in tongues instead of English, about remailers?

I'm leaning toward the ignorance interpretation above.

Or did you want your analysis spoon-fed?  All I heard from you was "I
don't get it.  Could you repeat yourself for my benefit?"

No.  If you had asked a question which had indicated the least effort
on your part to understand the posting, I would have responded.

And you think you've participated in debate.  God.  All I saw from you
was a bunch of shouting and no listening.

But let me summarize one of my points here for you.  You anticipate
taking heat for running a remailer.  That "taking heat" includes both
feeling guilty about what it's being used for as well as fielding
complaints.  Therefore you are shutting your remailer down, which is
exactly what I advised.

To make my advise crude, "If you're a wuss, go away."  And continuing
crudely, you're both a wuss _and_ going away.  It seems like a
perfectly straightforward and reasonable state of affairs to me.

Eric

Thread