1994-02-14 - Re: Actively Sabotaging Clipper and Capstone? (fwd)

Header Data

From: rcain@netcom.com (Robert Cain)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Message Hash: 65fa84ab39568394fc04645717dca6f68a907f3f93ffe7bf09fbf578b4484108
Message ID: <199402140503.VAA17109@mail.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199402132115.NAA04812@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-14 05:11:17 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 21:11:17 PST

Raw message

From: rcain@netcom.com (Robert Cain)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 21:11:17 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Subject: Re: Actively Sabotaging Clipper and Capstone? (fwd)

Sameer sez:

> tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May) sez:
> Cypherpatriots,
>
> It's becoming more and more evident that the Crypto War has already
> started, that the fascists in power have decided to ban the keeping of
> secrets and the use of strong crypto by nongovernment folks.

Not yet.  Just a kneejerk so far.  They have decided they have the
power, though.  They have court decisions to back that up.  If
the administration decides to "just say no" they have shown us
in the last few days that they can and will.

> How could Clipper be sabotaged?

Easily.  By using it for the purpose of distibuting hard public keys.
Willingly or not, they have solved that problem.  :-)

> Time to sabotage this whole Big Brother system.

Tim, I think that those of the big brother mentality who are left
are doing that just fine all by themselves.  :-)

Peace,

Bob

--
Bob Cain    rcain@netcom.com   408-354-8021

           "I used to be different.  But now I'm the same."

--------------PGP 1.0 or 2.0 public key available on request.------------------

Thread