1994-02-17 - Re: Enuf is enuf!

Header Data

From: ecarp@netcom.com (Ed Carp)
To: 75260.1646@CompuServe.COM (Bruce C. Dovala)
Message Hash: 72639c855afa167aef50e14d98013050db924e985723b51cc4616960e5c2882b
Message ID: <199402172128.NAA09689@mail.netcom.com>
Reply To: <940217204022_75260.1646_CHL81-1@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-17 21:30:51 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 13:30:51 PST

Raw message

From: ecarp@netcom.com (Ed Carp)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 13:30:51 PST
To: 75260.1646@CompuServe.COM (Bruce C. Dovala)
Subject: Re: Enuf is enuf!

> I _pay_ to read what's on this list. I was hoping that it would concern

Then I would humbly suggest that you drop whatever service provider is
ripping you off by charging you for connect time, per-message, etc. and go
with someone like Netcom, who charges a flat fee per month.  Why pay for
Compu$erve?  It's one of the most expensive around.

I pay to read what's on this list, too - but like Tim May and others, I
got wise a while back and got an account with a service provider who
charges me a flat fee for access.  I would *never* use a service much that
charged me per-hour - there are just too many out there who won't.

Yes, I, too have a Compuserve account - I use it for about 10 minutes a
month, usually for figuring out airline schedules and surfing Newsgrid.
I've got this nifty expect(1) script gizmo that dials up Compu$erve, sucks
off mail and Newsgrid, then drops the connection.  I pay about $7 a month
or so.  I use Netcom for everything else, and I usually rack up around 4
hours a day on Netcom.  I *still* only pay $18/month.

Thread