1994-02-03 - LPC on ADSP2105

Header Data

From: Tim Newsham <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 782d176ef1ab28913b2392f5b4cccb9782b1923c30e244123cbbb8c9417f5fd1
Message ID: <9402030525.AA18455@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 21:26:04 PST

Raw message

From: Tim Newsham  <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 21:26:04 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: LPC on ADSP2105

I have recently finished my senior project on low-bandwidth coding
of speech.  I outline an implementation of Linear Predictive Coding
(LPC) on the ADSP2105.  I am making the paper and the source code
freely available in hopes that it may interest and possibly help
someone.  In order to avoid having to mail out copies seperately
to everyone who is interested I am putting the paper temporarily
on:

    ftp.uu.net:/tmp/lpc-paper.tar.gz

If you know of an archive for which this paper is suitable please
let me know how to submit it there or submit it yourself and let
me know.  The archive is a tar'ed collection of files, to unpack:

   gzip -d lpc-paper.tar.gz
   tar xvfp lpc-paper.tar

The contents of the archive are:

   Makefile
   README
   a4.sty
   lpc.ps
   lpc.tex
   lpc4b.asm
   notes.tex
   schematic
   schematic.ps
   source.tex

and contain postscript and LaTeX formats of the document.

Here is the abstract:

\begin{abstract}
An implemenation of Linear Predictive Coding, a low-bandwidth
speech encoding scheme,
built around the ADSP-2105 signal processing CPU is described.  The
hardware schematics and software source code listing are included.
\end{abstract}

                                   Tim N.

(ps.  I am no longer subscribed to the cypherpunks list so
if you wish to reply, send the reply directly to me)

Thread