1994-02-13 - UNSUBSCRIBERS PLEASE READ

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: K12OCEZB@vaxc.hofstra.edu
Message Hash: 7c128f6bd5dd87bb2f003b6e0c66d7084812bd638902845b415df077e51df8d7
Message ID: <9402132250.AA13784@andria.lehman.com>
Reply To: <01H8UDVRYKGY95MU5I@vaxc.hofstra.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-13 22:53:07 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 14:53:07 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 14:53:07 PST
To: K12OCEZB@vaxc.hofstra.edu

PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!
PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

Internet mailing lists are run by HUMAN BEINGS, NOT MACHINES. These
humans do things like go on vacation or go to work at jobs that do not
pay them to maintain mailing lists. The list mail frequently goes to
another mailbox other than the maintainers, one which is only read at
one or two week intervals. It is not unreasonable for mailing list
maintainers to take a week or even two weeks to process your request!
You should not be shocked by this. You should EXPECT this when you
sign up for a list!

If you find even after several weeks of sending mail to the -request
address that you are getting no response, DO NOT SEND MAIL TO THE
NORMAL LIST. This may come as a shock to you, but often the person
maintaining the list does not even subscribe to the mailing list. At
the same time, you will be annoying hundreds if not thousands of
people with your mail. If you have an emergency and apparently are not
getting any service, send mail to "postmaster" on the machine that
hosts the mailing list.

Do not on any account do this sort of thing:

K12OCEZB@vaxc.hofstra.edu says:
> Begging your apologies but I tried unsubscribing on Friday and I'm still
> getting mail, so please,
> Unsubscribe Evan Boshnack
> Do what needs to be done to "make it so"
> Thanx,
> Evan

Thread