1994-02-18 - Source Level

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ddab12f3a9aea0342d5559d086be9d3c6b7ffe60ffb95521f798e03c8bfadff1
Message ID: <9402181456.AA05873@ah.com>
Reply To: <199402181336.FAA01356@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-18 15:01:07 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 07:01:07 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 07:01:07 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Source Level

>I mean no matter how much you stress that the moderator be lenient
>and open you are gonna run into problems.

My proposal does not have a single moderator.  There are many.

The proposal is to use the moderation facility of existing netnews
software in order to be able to support distributed moderation, which
is intended to shut down the worst abuses.

>  A moderator just doesnt fit into my free exchange idea.

There isn't just one moderator!

(I am purposefully using argument by repitition, since I thought I was
>completely clear before.  I guess not.)

Eric

Thread