1994-02-03 - New remailer up.

Header Data

From: kevin@axon.cs.byu.edu (Kevin Vanhorn)
To: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
Message Hash: e4065f77c42abb6e690071689d14e8ff06380c493a07dc8ffec4a396cbcefb90
Message ID: <9402030335.AA16272@axon.cs.byu.edu>
Reply To: <199402030119.RAA17214@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-03 03:35:34 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 19:35:34 PST

Raw message

From: kevin@axon.cs.byu.edu (Kevin Vanhorn)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 19:35:34 PST
To: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
Subject: New remailer up.

>> However, make no mistake that Netcom can and will cooperate with the
>> police if you use your remailer in a way that the government doesn't
>> like, so it seems that the security afforded isn't that good."
>
> So you aren't interested unless you can commit serious felony crimes
> using a given remailer? I would be happy if criminals stayed away from

Things "that the government doesn't like" and "serious felony crimes"
are not the same.  People in positions of governmental power have
all too often in the past used that power to harrass others who have
committed no crime.  Remember how Nixon used to sic the IRS on his
political enemies?  And the ATF has a sordid history of harrassing
harmless people, including trying to trick them into committing
technical violations of obscure gun-control regulations.  Often enough,
government officials harrass people who have broken no law, but have
only behaved in a way that those officials WANT to be made illegal.

Kevin S. Van Horn     | It is the means that determine the ends.
kevin@bert.cs.byu.edu |

Thread