1994-02-05 - wh_press_secy.statement

Header Data

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e48183cb9948a77b6c87d046f72d6a289e753886fbfeda4c4b5c577399e276c3
Message ID: <199402050030.QAA21462@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 16:30:17 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 16:30:17 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: wh_press_secy.statement

The following is a self contradictory statement, if considered to apply for
the time period of the next 20 years as the govenment's policy, and it down
right PISSES ME OFF. Fuck you, government.

>The Administration believes that the steps being announced today
>will help provide Americans with the telecommunications security
>they need without compromising the capability of law enforcement
>agencies and national intelligence agencies. Today, any American can
>purchase and use any type of encryption product. The
>Administration does not intend to change that policy. Nor do we have
>any intention of restrictiog domestic encryption or mandating the use
>of a particular technology.

Thread