1994-03-07 - RSAREF help requested

Header Data

From: Eric Conrad <conrad@merl.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1e66cae72086823b5d99059522c13b9a577a6ffbf4a705f1e6208dc5d755cf31
Message ID: <9403071654.AA20575@merl.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 08:54:32 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Conrad <conrad@merl.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 08:54:32 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RSAREF help requested

I need to use RSAREF to do 3 simple things: generate a keypair, encrypt
a file, and decrypt a file.  This is so that I can safely encrypt online
information with the public key, while keeping the private key offline.

PGP does what I want, but I can't use it due to legal reasons.

Ripem does too much (all the mail and key management stuff), and is too
complex for my purposes.

I've begun writing the C code using the RSAREF libraries to do what I
want, but I'd rather not recreate the wheel.  Has anyone written the
simple tools I described?

                              ...Eric

Thread