1994-03-03 - MacPGP a plant?

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 37c3e85c917ff6de9c75ecb99d5a80c3a7309bf0f140058f5b85d3a5c2c7cf55
Message ID: <199403031222.AA10439@access3.digex.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Mar 94 04:22:21 PST

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 94 04:22:21 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MacPGP a plant?

Now I'm sure I'm jumping to conclusions, but consider the following:

1>  The MacPGP2.3 source is, as near as I can tell, unreleased and
unavailable.

2>  The output from MacPGP2.3 is easily distinguishable from MSDOS
output.
(MacPGP headers all messages with "Version 2.3" and not "Version 2.3a")

3>  The signature file intended to show the applications is
intact from the author is not included with the compressed application
on any of the sites I have seen MacPGP2.3 on.

The implications are left as an exercise for the reader.

MacPGP2.3 has been in release for some time now, yet no one
has commented (that I have seen) on the absence of a signature
file or detached signature with the release.

Is this because I just can't find the signature, or is there no
signature available?

-uni- (Dark)

Thread