1994-03-29 - Re: cfp ‘94 transcript

Header Data

From: ag588@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John C. Brice)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 572b44129cb4ca58edd2cbcd61d8b8d92ae138586881f42c4d9f9916b2de5caa
Message ID: <199403291332.IAA29105@piglet.INS.CWRU.Edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 05:32:43 PST

Raw message

From: ag588@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John C. Brice)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 05:32:43 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: cfp '94 transcript

>SINCLAIR DOUGLAS writes:
>
>> I'm not sure what the NSA policy is on this.  However, at
>> that same conference Jim Settle from the FBI told us
>> plainly that he is allowed to lie, and that the courts have
>> confirmed this right.  I doubt Baker would have confessed
>> to a back door even if one existed and the question was
>> complete.

But wait!  How do we know he's telling us the truth when he says he's
allowed to lie?  I mean, if he's telling the truth, then he might be lying,
and if he's lying then either he's not allowed to lie or the courts have
not confirmed this "right."  On the other hand, if he's lying, then he
might be telling the truth --- Aw, shit.  You can't even trust the FBI
anymore!  ;)

I am an attorney, seeking a position in the area of Computer Law.  If you
know of such a position available, or of someone who may know of such a
position, please send e-mail!  Thanks.

Thread