1994-03-03 - Missing(??) April 94 DDJ!!???!!???

Header Data

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
To: schneier@chinet.com (Bruce Schneier)
Message Hash: 9a99cff6b504129ce7055fe491876c3873aa75946b5a94adce694f48acd3a3a5
Message ID: <9403030703.AA18870@prism.poly.edu>
Reply To: <m0pbcjL-0002BXC@chinet.chinet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-03 07:15:33 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 23:15:33 PST

Raw message

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 23:15:33 PST
To: schneier@chinet.com (Bruce Schneier)
Subject: Missing(??) April 94 DDJ!!???!!???

Speaking of DDJ's nice crypto articles for April 94, I just had
a truly weird thing arrive in the mail today.  It was a plastic
mailer bag from DDJ which contained Vol 1., Issue 1. of DDJ's
Developer Update.  The plastic envelope was larger than needed
for such a mailing.  All the bag contains is the 8 page Dev.
Update issue and a card with my name and the return address for
the snail mail folks to be able to process the package.

There was NOT any April 94 issue of DDJ.  Have I been ripped,
or did DDJ goof, or was this mailing supposed to contain only
the 8 page thinggie???

If anyone receives their DDJ April 94 issue >ALONG< with the
developer update, please let me know so I can bitch. :-) If
anyone received the same package without the DDJ issue,
I ask that you also let me know so that I silence myself
patiently for the DDJ April 94 issue. :-)

However, one nice thing is that one of the aside boxes at
the left side of the 8 page thinggie has "Crypto Chip
Debuts."  This is on the cover under News Briefs.

Okay, it's small, I'll type it:

"National Semiconductor has released the iPower encryption chip
which is designed for use in PCMCIA cards and provides a range of
security features.  The chip can encrypt via multiple encryption
algorithms (none listed) and will self destruct upon any
tampering attempt, using a self contained chemical.  Cards that
use the iPower chip can also provide additional functions such
as tracking users access times.  The iPower division is based
is (sic) Santa Clara, CA 408-721-8797."  #include <std_
copyright_disclaimer, etc. for Dr. Dobbs.>

Thread