1994-03-01 - Proposal: Another emergency session of Cypherpunks

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a3a10c22db622a9e0041335750e78c9d809a57319a723511ce0345573ef2db53
Message ID: <9403012211.AA08138@ah.com>
Reply To: <199402262029.MAA19813@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-01 22:19:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 14:19:35 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 14:19:35 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Proposal: Another emergency session of Cypherpunks

>to discuss policy in the aftermath of the double whammy announcements
>of Tessera/Clipper II and the new and even more dangerous Digital
>Telephony Bill.

Since such a meeting would be only one week before our regular
meeting, and since we had ignorantly but presciently scheduled the
topic to be "Politics", I see no need.

>It'd also be nice if some of the outlying groups (Cambridge, MA,
>Washington, D.C., London, Colorado, Austin) could link up with us at
>least briefly.

[Background: we did voice-over-IP for the emergency meeting last year
right after clipper came out.]

I'd like to do this again.  Can those who are interested in setting up
this technically contact me directly for coordination?  Also, for
those who did it last time, even if you won't be doing it this time,
I'd like to hear from you.

And if someone can get us an MBONE channel for this, I'd be willing to
carry two or three hours of the meeting on a broadcast-only basis.

>(If we started at noon, California time, that would be
>fine for the East Coasters, but 8 or 9 p.m. for the Londoners....does
>the London group still meet?)

We'll be meeting at the same time, noon on the second Saturday, as we
always do.

Eric

Thread