1994-03-28 - Re: personal manifesto (comments appreciated)

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: f83e9c69051f5e63711aafa47c07fc60f51db60d9faa1a3aa8ca8e78cf8ff132
Message ID: <199403282002.PAA17903@bwface.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <199403280847.AAA03880@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-28 20:03:19 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 12:03:19 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 12:03:19 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: personal manifesto (comments appreciated)

	I don't think the net will ever be a huge monolithic entity.
I suspect it will continue to be very much like the phone system.
There are PBX's and large switches, some in and some out of the US.
Some are owned by governments, some by schools, some by large
companies.  There is no monolithic "phone system," but many.  Almost
no one thinks about them.

Adam

--
Adam Shostack 				       adam@bwh.harvard.edu

Politics.  From the greek "poly," meaning many, and ticks, a small,
annoying bloodsucker.

Have you signed the anti-Clipper petition?

Thread