1994-03-09 - I hate to blast the whole list with this, but….

Header Data

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@security.ov.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fddd8bfc4adc814ab94e02aa85071533e642c4a38ba4c6de2babab8cca840d19
Message ID: <9403091906.AA02087@dun-dun-noodles.aktis.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Mar 94 11:06:48 PST

Raw message

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@security.ov.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 94 11:06:48 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: I hate to blast the whole list with this, but....

When requesting to be added to an Internet mailing list, *ALWAYS* try
to send mail to listname-request@host to reach the administrators.
We've gotten three messages to cypherpunks-east@mit.edu today asking
to be added.  Don't send mail to the list!  If you want to be added,
we'll be happy to do it if you send mail to
cypherpunks-east-request@mit.edu.  If you ever decide you no longer
want to be on cypherpunks, send mail to cypherpunks-request@toad.com.
And so forth.  I'm on large lists which get several requests sent
directly to the list every day by people who don't know any better.
This is annoying

All future list maintenance requests sent directly to cypherpunks-east
will be met with scorn and derision, and quite possibly ignored.

Thank you for your assistance.

		Marc

Thread