1994-04-18 - Re: IRS vs. privacy

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 064b9264f42a55e605ddf52899080f400e88d7edb5e87deb86069cc746bcf56f
Message ID: <shgSHwS00VAy97e4x0@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <9404172342.AA18634@vail.tivoli.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-18 01:41:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 18:41:19 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 18:41:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IRS vs. privacy

Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com> wrote:

> This builds a good case for the notion that the IRS will
> have big, big problems with digital cash economies.

No, they will have big problems with ANONYMOUS digital cash economies.
The IRS loves the current digital cash systems, such as ATM cards,
because they let them spy on your bank account. :)
digital-cash!=anonymous-transactions

> They also probably have problems with electronic magazines
> mailed through anonymous remailer chains :-)

heh.  Maybe we ought to convince phrack to publish this way?

Thread