1994-04-19 - Re: Warrantless searches – A sign of things to come?

Header Data

From: “Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ” <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 09e33153d8dd0b562401d8b4e839f8bf87617f5ad2b315d3f9a4874a2af064b7
Message ID: <9404191341.AA01558@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 06:41:30 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 06:41:30 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

<My computer told me that Evidence Inc. said:>

> The easiest solution is to include a provision in the rental agreement
  [... that allows searches and agrees to no-firearms ...]

> I'm not sure that all states would permit searches even under these
> circumstances
> Comments?

  Are there any lawyers that can comment with certainty?  I'm not qualified
  to answer this point.  (I did post since it was my original point that
  is being referred to.  My opinion is that a landlord can not further limit
  that which the state laws protect... but that is opinion)

  This topic may have merit here since it started as (forgive the paraphrase)
  "We want to make cyber laws and here is the stupidity that is happening
   in the real world... we have a lot of work ahead of us."  Anyone care to
   offer an opinion on this discussion's merit here?

	Jim
--
  Tantalus Inc.        Bringing people together     Jim Sewell-KD4CKQ
2407 N. Roosevelt Blvd.   to have a little fun.  Internet: jims@mpgn.com

Thread