1994-04-17 - RE: Warrantless searches – A sign of things to come?

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu
Message Hash: 0a96d8e548b2be173d93d1ecd241652d8abd3c616fc2a530fb7ace78c5a9f148
Message ID: <199404172128.AA15073@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 14:28:37 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 14:28:37 PDT
To: ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu
Subject: RE: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

> The ease with which this nation disregards its own fundamental principles
> disturbs me.

A government official was quoted in today's LA Times as saying
approximately, "I'm sure we can square this with the Fourth
Amendment... this is an emergency situation."

   Eli   ebrandt@hmc.edu

To which I reply:

Then declare a national emergency and suspend the constitution.

Any emergency not sufficent enough to do this isn't a national emergency.

The only thing that bothers me more than the use of rhetoric like
"The War on Drugs" or "The War on Crime" or "The Health Care CRISIS"
to cover up the fact that rights are being circumvented or outright
eliminated is the willingness of the population to buy into the game.

-uni- (Dark)

Thread