1994-04-11 - Re: MacPGP and AOL

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Message Hash: 0ceca090e6fb4c6f5f49c47835a59c2df3aa7ed0579341767555ddad390b9a34
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9404110936.A20613-a100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <199404111231.IAA26960@sparcserver.mc.ab.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-11 13:08:32 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 06:08:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 06:08:32 PDT
To: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Subject: Re: MacPGP and AOL

On Mon, 11 Apr 1994, tim werner wrote:

> Late last year, in response to a "bulletin" from eff, I sent money to some
> lawyer (in Colorado, I think) for the Phil Zimmerman defense fund.  Was
> I defrauded?  How embarrassing.
>
> If I dig out the cancelled check, perhaps someone on the list can tell me
> more?
>
> tw

Don't do that!

Even though Phil has not been officially proceeded against in any way has
has hired a lawyer and spent lots of money.  I was just trying to make it
clear that nothing has actually happened yet.  If one may have to mount a
major defense against a federal criminal prosecution, one has to prepare
in advance.

DCF

"It's easy to see the evils of our parents, it is hard to see the evils of
ourselves."

Thread