1994-04-14 - Re: Soldier of Fortune

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: M Carling <m@bluerose.com>
Message Hash: 141b8b8de1ca48d2f8bea42afc6da1a8ae39b732c7b6094484e094b94b36ad77
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9404141401.A614-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Reply To: <9404141704.AA00518@BlueRose.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-14 21:17:11 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 14:17:11 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 14:17:11 PDT
To: M Carling <m@bluerose.com>
Subject: Re: Soldier of Fortune

C'punks,

On Thu, 14 Apr 1994, M Carling wrote:

> . . .  If anyone is going write something for SOF about PGP, I
> hope that the article focuses on anything but "mercs and wannabees".

Today, I spoke with Bob Brown, editor of SOF.  He just got back from a
six-week trip out of the country, so he was fairly fried.  Nevertheless,
he seemed interested in the concept and asked me to send him a short note
about my proposed article so he and his staff could kick it around.

I wrote up a one-pager which I will mail tomorrow.  I'll follow up next
week if I haven't heard from him.

My article will focus is Clipper and PGP, but, I repeat, who the hell do
you think reads SOF?  The correct answer is:  a few professional military
freelancers (mercs), cops and enlisted military types (wannabees) plus a
smattering of TLA folks.  Those care the demographics, friend.

 S a n d y

Thread