1994-04-01 - PRZ is still at large

Header Data

From: Philip Zimmermann <prz@columbine.cgd.ucar.EDU>Philip Zimmermann <prz@acm.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypherpunks)
Message Hash: 189eca95615e782b8bf6b541ea3ff75e4c9b19d3b4c78c223232d9994749cbca
Message ID: <9404011947.AA29546@columbine.cgd.ucar.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Apr 94 11:46:17 PST

Raw message

From: Philip Zimmermann <prz@columbine.cgd.ucar.EDU>Philip Zimmermann <prz@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 94 11:46:17 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypherpunks)
Subject: PRZ is still at large

I have received several phone calls today from people who read some
sort of April-fools posting on some newsgroup that I had been arrested
for PGP-related stuff.  Well, it isn't true.  I'm still at large.
I'm still unindicted.  And still not sued.  Someone had an idea that
this would make a funny April fools joke.

I hope this clears things up.  Feel free to repost this message to
all the relevant newsgroups, because I can't do it because the newsreader
at my sight is having problems.  I hope this cuts down on the phone calls.

Philip Zimmermann
prz@acm.org

Thread