1994-04-18 - Re: Science frauds

Header Data

From: “Phil G. Fraering” <pgf@srl.cacs.usl.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 29043da6b14e15091998568c0490ad4150754d16b77829a3750828c1909fcc0b
Message ID: <199404182254.AA15854@srl03.cacs.usl.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 15:58:57 PDT

Raw message

From: "Phil G. Fraering" <pgf@srl.cacs.usl.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 15:58:57 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Science frauds

Uh, Gary, the reason noone's started more research into getting
oil from coal is that it's cheaper to get oil from oil. While we
are too dependent on foreign sources right now, the price of oil
has never been cheaper than now and could go up probably a lot and
not raise the price of gas much compared to how much taxes and
inflation have raised it since 1972.

Look, I'm tired, and this is cypherpunks. I'm willing to discuss
energy policy, etc., over on extropians@extropy.org anytime you're
willing to fork over the money to access it (if I have time; I
often don't).

But anyway, you might want to check out that recent NOVA episode,
"The World Is Full Of Oil."

Phil

Thread