1994-04-24 - RE: Warrantless searches – Sorry to start this again….

Header Data

From: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3f9ea1e6fffeabba7f1aa44dd411a989e0e92972603c1fb548ee317a1b188a33
Message ID: <199404242345.TAA18609@sparcserver.mc.ab.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 16:45:40 PDT

Raw message

From: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 16:45:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Warrantless searches -- Sorry to start this again....

>Date: Sun, 24 Apr 1994 15:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
>From: GERSTEIN@SCSUD.CTSTATEU.EDU
>	You see, Jim, the drug deals go on inside the apartment buildings. How
>easy is it to do surveilance (sp?) on an apartment that is run by gangs,
>surrounded by their other apartments, on floors that are run by the gangs?
>
>	In many ways, the situation has gotten better since the searches
>started. I AM NOT SAYING I AM FOR THE SEARCHES, I am merely saying that they
>are being productive. I challenge you C'punks to come up with a better
>solution. Given the circumstances that those involved are dealing with, it's
>pretty good for now.

Well, for one thing, if the drugs they are dealing were not illegal, there
would be no high-anxiety drug deals going on in the apartments.

tw

Thread