1994-04-04 - Re: Cyberspace, Crypto Anarchy, and Pushing Limits

Header Data

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 401c009a720ced38aff1ee90bc2d42a4c4315e3dc37f34b57031fa30b016d51f
Message ID: <Ahbx4rC00iUvA0pGQL@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <199404040645.XAA04171@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-04 08:36:29 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 01:36:29 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 01:36:29 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cyberspace, Crypto Anarchy, and Pushing Limits

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 3-Apr-94 Re:  Cyberspace, Crypto
Ana.. by Hal@shell.portal.com
> Suppose, as Tim implies, that the list someday evolved to be some kind
> of virtual list, hosted on a flexible network of machines around the
> globe. Who would the owners be then?

As you said, no one. It would be pretty much a park in cyberspace. If
however, it remained in the hands of a small number of people, it would
be controlled by them ("their house").

Jer

darklord@cmu.edu | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
finger me for my |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Geek Code and |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
  PGP public key | http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/

Thread