1994-04-07 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: “Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ” <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4dc25cb732dbc4775cf3cbfa5eb9fc14502e77a52376efbd4d25034effaa00bb
Message ID: <9404071324.AA16386@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 06:24:43 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 06:24:43 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: your mail

<My computer told me that nobody@shell.portal.com said:>

> Since people are talking about new remailer features, can I suggest
> another one - how about single-use (or limited use) anonymous return
> addressess (ARAs) ? There are quite a few situations I can envisage where
> I might want to give an anonymous return address to someone that could
> only be used a limited number of times, or for a limited period of
> time
    ... digi cash example and comments deleted.

Another good use of this would be to maintain anonymity.  If you used the
same aa382043 address over and over again people will attach an identity
to that and they will remember, "Oh yes, that's the guy that said he works
for a computer company and hates spinach and likes Amy and ...." and soon
(assuming a long term use of the account) you will have an identity and
people will be biased one way or another toward you, even though they do
not know who you are in real life.  A one shot id will allow people to
remain truly anon and not have to go to the trouble of switching accts
and putting a burden on the remailers with 1000's of accounts.

Thread