1994-04-29 - Elliptic Curve response

Header Data

From: Matt Thomlinson <phantom@u.washington.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 754cb6b2d49e82094a30fdfd3613ee1d50ad1db345743df929409f9519936ded
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9404282107.C17916-0100000@stein3.u.washington.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 21:33:14 PDT

Raw message

From: Matt Thomlinson <phantom@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 21:33:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Elliptic Curve response

After seeing the post about elliptic curve encrytion (mentioning neal
koblitz as an authority) I took the liberty of forwarding it to him and
asking for his response as well as a good reference. Here's the response.

(I'd never heard of elliptic curve crypto. I have now.)

----
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 16:10:39 -0700
From: Neal Koblitz
To: phantom@u.washington.edu
Subject: reply

Matt,
   Thanks for the message.  The guy is basically correct in what he
says (except for minor inaccuracies in terminology and so on).  The
best source on this subject is the recent book: ``Elliptic Curve
Public Key Cryptosystems'' by Alfred Menezes, Kluwer Acad. Pub., 1993.
   Regards, Neal

------

Matt Thomlinson
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.      phone: (206) 548-9804
Check my home page -- ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/phantom/home.html
PGP 2.2 key available via email, or finger phantom@hardy.u.washington.edu

Thread