1994-04-27 - Canada and SIGINT

Header Data

From: Bill Robinson <barobins@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7c5d7b50d7c54ec109a661165441093817e200dc47f7be0bb570bcd5a42acdfc
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9404262053.A3789-0100000@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 17:29:55 PDT

Raw message

From: Bill Robinson <barobins@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 17:29:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Canada and SIGINT

I'm pursuing a personal research project on the Communications Security
Establishment, Canada's own tiny version of the National Security
Agency.  I'm looking to make contact with anyone who has information,
rumours, innuendo, hearsay, or whatever on this subject, or who is also
just interested in it.

If anyone *is* interested, I have put together an introductory briefing on
CSE containing background information about the organization, its
facilities, and its mandate, along with my somewhat speculative analysis
of how its activities may relate to Canada's laws on eavesdropping.  No
secrets are revealed, but there is a fair amount of information that is
pretty hard to find.  E-mail me if you want me to send you a copy
(at roughly 30k, it seemed a bit long to ship out to everybody :-).

Ciao,

Bill Robinson
barobins@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca

Thread